I first heard about curing your eyesight from my sister. I was skeptical, besides the fact that you are supposed to take off your glasses and leave them off. So, I forgot about it. Later, when I was researching a recurring earache I have, I stumbled on the works of Dr. Bates. His books are not easy reads. They're very scientific, which of course, to me, made them more believable. So, I read one, and was very convinced that it would work. I began immediately. I had to car pool everywhere I went, and I couldn't tell my boys apart. Cleaning was a joke. Well, who needs perfection anyway, right? So, I shortly ordered a pair of plain -3.25 in both eyes, glasses from Zennioptical.com for only $13. You can get any kind of fancy prescription, but I just wanted the same in both eyes, without compensation for astigmatism. (I am -6.5 in one eye and -6 in the other) They took two weeks to get in, and by the time I got them, my eyesight had improved enough that I could where them driving during the day. Night was a different story, and I recently got a new pair for night driving. They are prescription -5.00 in both eyes. During the day, I can see perfectly with them, but my vision gets worse at night, so they aren't perfect. Clarity is pretty good, but I do have a problem with double vision at night. Makes sense. I'm afraid of the dark, and fear causes strain in the eyes. Anyway, I do best on my progression when I am not wearing them unless I have to. The -5 glasses are now too strong for daytime use, so I just don't wear anything.
After about two weeks of practicing Dr. Bates methods, I started seeing things. It was so amazing. It would be something new everyday. First, just simple line designs started showing up. Then, more intricate line patterns, like plaid shirts. Now I can see almost any type of pattern, from designs on couches, to outlines of objects, and even the wheat in my jar. My favorite is bark patterns on trees. I love to use sunlight relaxation, and then judge the change by looking at the bark from about ten feet away. Today I was marveling that I could see road signs, and such. That means that I can almost drive without glasses. Well, not quite yet. But, it's exciting.
I have been using the Bates method for about 6 months now, and I thought that my experiences could be very helpful to others who are also looking into curing their eyesight. I hope this information is helpful, and I hope that you will add your experiences as well.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment