I thought I should give a little background on my bad eyesight. I got my first glasses in third grade. In fifth grade, I had to get a new pair. In sixth grade I got an even yet stronger prescription, so this time I got contacts, to help stop my eyes from changing. I'm pretty sure I got two more stronger prescriptions after that. So, before I started this program, my eyesight was about -6.5 in one eye, and about -6 in the other. If I put my glasses down, and forgot where I put them, I couldn't find them again without having my face about six inches from the surface. When people were in comfortable conversing distance, I could see basic shapes for their facial features, but I couldn't tell if they were happy or sad. At a distance, sometimes I couldn't even tell they were there, especially if they didn't move. Everything was just colors mixed into each other. Without my glasses or contacts, I was useless.
So, now I am 29, meaning that I have had to wear corrective lenses to function, for 21 yrs, or most my life.
I have been using the Bates method for about 6 months now, and I thought that my experiences could be very helpful to others who are also looking into curing their eyesight. I hope this information is helpful, and I hope that you will add your experiences as well.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment