I have been using the Bates method for about 6 months now, and I thought that my experiences could be very helpful to others who are also looking into curing their eyesight. I hope this information is helpful, and I hope that you will add your experiences as well.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Favorite

This is my favorite relaxation technique. It never fails to leave me seeing much better. Problem is, I can't do it very often. You'll see why.

First, you have to make a rice bag. I just used a sock and filled it with about two cups of rice. It has to be a big sock, so it can drape comfortably over your eyes. Heat it about 45 sec. until the temperature is not too hot to be uncomfortable. Then, lay down in a nice cozy place and put it on your eyes. Just relax and think happy thoughts, maybe even play relaxing music. If you fall asleep, that is fine. When you wake up, heat it again, and repeat as long as you are allowed to nap. When you finally get up, you should notice a huge difference in your sight. Try looking at your eye chart and note the difference. I tried it today, again, and was thrilled with the results. Too bad my kids prevent me from doing this more often.

Tip - when removing the bag, keep your eyes closed to get used to the light, before opening them.

FYI - this sometimes relaxes one eye more than the other. Don't be alarmed. Your eyes will even out again within a few minutes of resuming regular activities.

No comments: