I have been using the Bates method for about 6 months now, and I thought that my experiences could be very helpful to others who are also looking into curing their eyesight. I hope this information is helpful, and I hope that you will add your experiences as well.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eye Chart


Using the Snellen Eye Chart is very essential to improving your eyesight. Read Dr. Bates chapter 24 http://www.i-see.org/perfect_sight/chap24.html on the best method for doing so. A few points to remember are...

1. Track your progress. You'd be surprised how quickly you forget what you could and couldn't see the day before.


2. It is okay, and good, to memorize the letters. You know what you can see. It's not like its a test or anything.


3. If you can't see today, what you could yesterday, don't dwell on it. That is normal. Try not to 'try' and see it. Just look away and try again another time when you are more relaxed. Remember to use a relaxation technique before looking at it. (palming, light, etc.)


When I first started using the eye chart, I had to stand four feet from it to even see the third line. So, that's where I stayed. It took me about two months to see the next two lines down. Now I can barely make out the seventh line.

I just recently started teaching my brother and neice about Dr. Bates' method. They were able to see two more lines after only a few minutes of palming. That is so not fair. But, more power to them.


Here are some links for eye charts.

This one you can buy for $1 or print for free. You print it on two pages and paste it together. That's where I got the one in the picture. If you can't get the link to work, you can click on my pictures and save them to your computer for printing.
http://www.hometrainingtools.com/articles/eye-chart-science-project.html

This one can be printed on one page.

This one you use on your screen.

This one you can buy for $10.

No comments: