I have been using the Bates method for about 6 months now, and I thought that my experiences could be very helpful to others who are also looking into curing their eyesight. I hope this information is helpful, and I hope that you will add your experiences as well.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another way to palm

I tried a new thing today. For me, it seems much easier to relax if I don't have to hold my eyes closed. And, I get tired holding my hands in place. So, I made something to cover my eyes, blocking the light, and putting slight pressure on my eyes to keep them closed. It's just a simple piece of fabric with a cut out for the nose, and a strap around my head. I just handstitched it. I was able to walk around the house, as if blind, and therefore distract myself from trying to relax. I could see much better after trying this for a while. I probably had it on for ten minutes or so. It was like a game. The kids love to watch me stumble into things. I am going to try sleeping with it, and see what happens. I tend to really tense up at night when trying to keep my eyes closed.

No comments: