I have been using the Bates method for about 6 months now, and I thought that my experiences could be very helpful to others who are also looking into curing their eyesight. I hope this information is helpful, and I hope that you will add your experiences as well.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Wearing a Lesser Prescription Eyeglasses

Well, for the last week, I've been wearing my lesser prescription glasses. I need to see, but I wanted my eyes to be able to relax. I also spent lots of time outside in the bright sunshine. I didn't do very many eye relaxation techniques, but I checked my eyes before I started, and then a few days later. I couldn't believe the difference. I was always under the impression that your eyes couldn't get better while wearing lesser prescription glasses, but my eyes were much better. I do think that you have to be constantly mentally trying to see better. You can't just wear them and not do anything else. Even looking and this monitor, I start to see the words become blurry, and I have to remember that I can see them clearly, and then they clear up again. You have to focus on one letter, and remember what it looks like clearly. If you try to do the whole screen, it just gets worse. I usually have to blink a few times, as well. For some reason, that helps me. So, I've ordered a stronger pair of glasses for driving, that are still below my full strength prescription. You can order them online from Zennioptical.com for only $13 or, more specifically, $8 with $5 shipping. I've got three pairs now. The strongest pair is for night driving. I just keep them in the car in case I need them. I still struggle keeping my eyes relaxed at night. Last night I looked at my eye chart, and I couldn't read the three bottom lines at all. They were completely blurry. Usually I can read them all. Boy, our eyes are complex.

No comments: